“I personally Recommend CLICK FUNNELS for this job”
You must have heard this already. Funnel is now one of the biggest business jargons out there. So many successful entrepreneurs mention this at least once every time they talk about their success. What is it? And how does it even work?
A sales funnel is sometimes called revenue funnel. A funnel is nothing more than a process that a customer has to go through to make that purchase. It is divided into several layers, all of which will lead to the most important thing for a business—a sale.
Think of a literal funnel. It has a wide mouth where you pour the liquid. This mouth gets smaller and smaller and it eventually leads to the mouth of your container. The concept of a sales funnel works under the same principle.
The Phases of a Funnel
A funnel has four phases: awareness, interest, evaluation, and purchase.
- Awareness – this is the phase where you let a potential customer know that your product exists. Typically, you do this through advertising. Either you write a compelling press release or advertise with videos and images.
- Interest – once the customer is aware of your product, this is the phase where you build interest. You do this by sending the customer to a landing page where he gets to see all the features and benefits of what you are offering. You can also incorporate this phase with the awareness phase. This works best in advertisements where you do not only create awareness, but you also explain the value you are trying to add to the customer’s life.
- Evaluation – this is the phase where a customer stars to think if he will give your product a try or not. The most common way to influence a customer’s evaluation is through reviews. You can also do this by giving a free trial or free subscription for a certain period. You can also offer a money back guarantee. All these will help the customer decide on your favor, ultimately leading to the last phase.
- Purchase – the last phase of the funnel is the sale. This is where you close the deal and get a customer to fully subscribe to your service or product.
The Approach to a Successful Funnel
Now that you understand how a funnel works, it is time to build one.
- Create an Attractive Landing Page – a landing page is a webpage that contains a sales copy or a pitch. It needs a compelling design that easily shows the reader what you offer. The landing page must attract, for awareness, and it must contain a value, for interest.
- Present an Offer – the contents of the landing page must be clear enough to convey the benefits of your product or service. This helps your customer evaluate your product. It must address one question in your reader’s mind: “what is in it for me?”
If you are selling a health product, you can use statements like “Do you want to lose 10 pounds in less than three weeks?” or “Lose those love handles without the effort!”
These statements, or questions, immediately tell the reader the benefit of your product. And since you made this benefit tangible right at the onset, your reader will stay on your page to get to know your product better.
Most landing pages contain an email subscription section where customers put their email address and in exchange, you offer something for free. Once they have used the free product, they can assess carefully if they will continue with the purchase.
To build a successful funnel’s, you can use services like Click Funnels, Click Funnels offer a variety of services like creation of landing pages, squeeze pages, and lead generation you can also collect the email addresses of subscribers. It allows you to use custom templates for your webinars and landing pages, too.